**Prints are available. Please leave a comment for more information.**

Monday, June 14, 2010

Backroads of Bohemia

See the backroads of Bohemia with this amazing self guided tour from Trek Holidays. From the tourist free heart of the Czech Republic, you will get to see what makes this country tick from a more indepth view. This tour starts at $1,825 per person for the land only portion, and departs quite regularly, so please speak to your local travel agent for more indepth information regarding booking at a specific time.

From the Trek Website:

“Explore the magnificent landscapes of the Czech Republic on foot on this incredible journey through Bohemia This superb self guided walk takes you into the diverse landscapes of Bohemia in the south of the Czech Republic where you’ll get off the beaten track and encounter historical villages, magical fairytale castles, magnificent medieval churches and monasteries as well as some of Europe’s most picturesque countryside. You will walk along the intricate network of pathways known as the Czech Greenways. This web of trails dates back over 100 years and connects walkers to the cultural heritage and natural beauty of this stunning country. As you crisscross colorful pastoral fields and vineyards and meander in and out of tiny villages you’ll discover places that for decades were hidden behind the Iron Curtain. This trip is perfect for recreational walkers looking to explore a unique part of Eastern Europe.”
Highlights of this tour are the Cesky Krumlov, the Charles Bridge in Prague, being able to explore the Lake District and Trebon’s medieval heart, while sampling Prague’s beers and wandering the Lednice.


Itinerary:

1: Arrive Breclav train station and transfer to hotel in Valtice.
2: Explore the Baroque Valtice chateau. Walk through fields, vineyards and forest to Lednice and explore the Gothic Revival Chateau of Lednice. Transfer to Mikulov (11km).
3: Walk along the Palava hills through the ruins of Divci hrady (Maiden's Castle). Continue on to the ruins of Sirotci hradek (Orphan castle) and climb Tabulova Hill. Descend through vineyards to castle town of Mikulov. Transfer to Vranov nad Dyji (10 km).
4: Tour the magnificient Baroque Chateau in Vranov. Explore the Podyji National Park and walk from the village of Cizov to Austrian village of Hardegg (14km).
5: Walk from the Landstejn castle to Nova Bystrice. Take the narrow-gauge railway to Jindrichuv Hradec (15km).
6: Visit the historic town and castle of Jindrichuv Hradec. Continue to Bohemia Lake District and visit medieval city of Trebon. Walk to Kojakovice then transfer to Cesky Krumlov (14km).
7: Transfer to Zlata Koruna and explore the monastery. Walk over Klet, the highest peak of the Blansky Forest. Hike back to Cesky Krumlov (16km).
8: Transfer by bus to Prague where trip ends.


For more details, check out the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have never felt my feet firmly planted on the ground.  When I was a child, I would dream of far away places filled with jumping kangaroos and gladiators.  I took my first trip when I was 19, running away from my issues and neglecting to deal with skeletons in my closet.  

Since then I have returned to my first home, and have found that while it has a special place in my heart, it is no longer home.

So I roam the planet, looking for a place for me to plant my feet, and find a home.  Will I find it in this life time?  I'll never know until I find it.  But I will continue looking for it, until my last breath.

These are my journeys.