**Prints are available. Please leave a comment for more information.**

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hockeytown

I have just spent the past week chilling out in Calgary, and enjoying the craziness that is known as playoff fever.  There is no other city in Canada that embraces Playoff Fever like Calgary.  With no other major teams to concentrate on, Calgary takes the Flames as their own, and will not let anything get in their way.  

Unfortunately, the team almost let game 4 slip out of their grasp last night, but if you ever find yourself in Calgary, I would highly suggest a trip the Saddledome (a tribute to their cowboy roots that bring you the Calgary Stampede) for a game.  And don't dispair if you can only get a nosebleed seat...(because you are so far up) as these seats are filled with the crazy and the fun, while down below is the rigid corporate types, and lots of empty seats.  They don't know what they are missing!

For more information on the Flames, and how to get tickets, click here!

Next stop?  Las Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have never felt my feet firmly planted on the ground.  When I was a child, I would dream of far away places filled with jumping kangaroos and gladiators.  I took my first trip when I was 19, running away from my issues and neglecting to deal with skeletons in my closet.  

Since then I have returned to my first home, and have found that while it has a special place in my heart, it is no longer home.

So I roam the planet, looking for a place for me to plant my feet, and find a home.  Will I find it in this life time?  I'll never know until I find it.  But I will continue looking for it, until my last breath.

These are my journeys.