**Prints are available. Please leave a comment for more information.**

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Forks, Washington - Twilight Obsession?

Did you know that Forks, Washington as seen through the eyes of Bella Swan and Edward Cullen is an actual place? Did you know that the series of books, that show Bella, Edward and Jacob's love triangle is based on reality, at least in the actual locations?

La Push beach is situated on the coast, about an hour away from Seattle. Forks is inland, and hidden amongst the large forests that Bella gets lost in. Port Angeles is a little seaside town that Seattle inhabitants flock to, in order to run away from the city life.

And of course, the little town of Forks, Washington must be loving all the attention given to them through the extreme popularity of the Twilight series of books. Who wouldn't? A little town that was probably going to be extinct as people start traveling to far away places rather than in their own backyard has now received a new lease on life as it becomes a tourist destination for people, not just from North America.

Which tours are the best? What destinations are the ones that shouldn't be missed? I will tell you all soon. So keep watching this space - the must sees and misses are coming next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have never felt my feet firmly planted on the ground.  When I was a child, I would dream of far away places filled with jumping kangaroos and gladiators.  I took my first trip when I was 19, running away from my issues and neglecting to deal with skeletons in my closet.  

Since then I have returned to my first home, and have found that while it has a special place in my heart, it is no longer home.

So I roam the planet, looking for a place for me to plant my feet, and find a home.  Will I find it in this life time?  I'll never know until I find it.  But I will continue looking for it, until my last breath.

These are my journeys.