**Prints are available. Please leave a comment for more information.**

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Adventures to Tasmania

Things have gotten a little crazy on my end here, with work that needed attending too, and family that needed attention, so my traveling had recently suffered. But seeing as the family has been satisfied, and the work has been completed, so I’m off and running and planning my next trip.

A love of mine, if anyone has yet to figure out, is food and wine, so my next large trip has been decided. I am headed off to go gallivanting around the wonderful island of Tasmania in Australia. About an hour and a half flight from Melbourne, it was one of the places that I missed the last two times that I toured the Outback.

The 2010 Taste Festival runs from December 28, 10 to January 3, 11 this year and is known as Tasmania’s largest food and wine festival that is right on the waterfront in Hobart. Accommodation and flights start filling up as early as May, and visitors flock from Australia and further abroad to experience the many food and wine booths that are set up to allow visitors to enjoy the fruits of Tasmania’s labor!

You can check out the website with more information here.

While the main reason for the trip is to experience this amazing event, we also intend to experience some of the history and adrenaline that Tasmania has to offer, with treetop walkways, cable hang gliders and of course, some of the most amazing walks that are to be found in the South Pacific.

If you have been to Tasmania, please give me your feedback on what to see and what to do! And if you are a tour operator, or accommodation owner, please feel free to give me your recommendations on what is a must see, or must stay, and what to stay away from! I look forward to hearing from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have never felt my feet firmly planted on the ground.  When I was a child, I would dream of far away places filled with jumping kangaroos and gladiators.  I took my first trip when I was 19, running away from my issues and neglecting to deal with skeletons in my closet.  

Since then I have returned to my first home, and have found that while it has a special place in my heart, it is no longer home.

So I roam the planet, looking for a place for me to plant my feet, and find a home.  Will I find it in this life time?  I'll never know until I find it.  But I will continue looking for it, until my last breath.

These are my journeys.