**Prints are available. Please leave a comment for more information.**

Friday, March 20, 2009

If you believe in love at first sight...

Do you ever stop looking?

This is the age old question when it comes to everything.  If you believe in love at first sight, you never stop looking.  You are always looking for the next best thing.  In very simple terms.

If you believe in something better, you never stop looking for what is better than what you have.  No place will ever be good enough, no house will ever be big enough.  You name it.

So I put the question to you.  Is anything ever good enough, when nothing is ever good enough?

4 comments:

  1. This is a loaded question, if you believe in something better, will anything ever be good enough?
    The answer is yes!
    - because sometimes you look long and hard enough and find out that what you really wanted was exactly what you have
    - you have to realize that this revelation comes near the end of the journey, not near the beginning in youth.
    - as youth fades we come to terms that what we really wanted is what we already had
    - but foolishness wanted so much to reach outside the scope and find what doesn't really exist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, now it seems like someone else has been drinking from the well of philosophy, and I love it.

    I'm thinking that I really do love this way of thinking, and I do agree.

    So my next thought is what have you lost in order to gain this ounce of truth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the key for me is in striving to be both completely satisfied and hungry for more - at the same time.

    It is possible to be both at once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, and thank you for sharing that. It's a great way to look at things, especially things of the heart!

    ReplyDelete

I have never felt my feet firmly planted on the ground.  When I was a child, I would dream of far away places filled with jumping kangaroos and gladiators.  I took my first trip when I was 19, running away from my issues and neglecting to deal with skeletons in my closet.  

Since then I have returned to my first home, and have found that while it has a special place in my heart, it is no longer home.

So I roam the planet, looking for a place for me to plant my feet, and find a home.  Will I find it in this life time?  I'll never know until I find it.  But I will continue looking for it, until my last breath.

These are my journeys.