**Prints are available. Please leave a comment for more information.**

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Recent Journeys

I begin this tale, not at the beginning, nor at the end. Instead, I bring my experiences to you right in the middle of the most interesting part of the story. Will this make it easier to understand? I doubt that. Will it necessarily make sense? I think not. But that is not what this is about. In essence, this blog is about the obstacles that have been placed in my path, to help me develop into the person that I am slowly becoming.

I am slowly blossoming into an adult that understands what it is to be alive. What it means to take risks and fail, but always what this world demands of us to succeed. The road is not always easy, and it is not always what we expect or crave, but it is. And as long as that road exists, I will continue to walk it, in search of a place where I feel at home, a place that whispers sweet nothings in my ears every time I close my eyes, and gives me a brand new sight every time I open my eyes.

What is life, if not a series of beautiful moments that we enjoy, life and savor?

As Oscar Wilde once said, "memory is the diary that we all carry with us". When my journey is done, I dream of having a diary full of joy and happiness, and no wasted moments. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have never felt my feet firmly planted on the ground.  When I was a child, I would dream of far away places filled with jumping kangaroos and gladiators.  I took my first trip when I was 19, running away from my issues and neglecting to deal with skeletons in my closet.  

Since then I have returned to my first home, and have found that while it has a special place in my heart, it is no longer home.

So I roam the planet, looking for a place for me to plant my feet, and find a home.  Will I find it in this life time?  I'll never know until I find it.  But I will continue looking for it, until my last breath.

These are my journeys.