**Prints are available. Please leave a comment for more information.**

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Reflections

I've been back in Canada for just over a week, and the itchy feet have begun already.  But instead of wanting to wander where ever they may take me, they are craving a certain destination.  Where, I'm not quite sure, but if it has a pile of Irish blokes with thick irish accents, I think I'll be as close as I could expect to be!

I was chatting to a girlfriend the other day, when it finally dawned on me.  I've been single, and frustratingly enough, I've not necessarily wanted to be.  Just recently, I took my own love life in my own hands and decided to chat to a sweet looking guy who I've been crushing on for quite some time.  (They say that you grow out of crushing, but if anything, it just gets worse when you know it's not supposed to happen ;) )

And after asking him out and getting a yes, I was subjected to the add on - I think I should tell you that I do have a girlfriend, but I'd love to go out for a coffee.  What the hell does a person say to that? 

But in a round about way, it brought home the fact that I don't attract the dear boring Canadian boys, because I don't want to be here.  I crave to be someplace else, and being with someone who finds this dreary humdrum, but beautiful country home would do nothing but drive me mad and fuel mad arguments about why we were still here.

So the feet are itching, and I feel it's time to move someplace that reminds me of home (not Canada unfortunately) so that maybe, just maybe I can join coupledom.  

Maybe.

But that's a big maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have never felt my feet firmly planted on the ground.  When I was a child, I would dream of far away places filled with jumping kangaroos and gladiators.  I took my first trip when I was 19, running away from my issues and neglecting to deal with skeletons in my closet.  

Since then I have returned to my first home, and have found that while it has a special place in my heart, it is no longer home.

So I roam the planet, looking for a place for me to plant my feet, and find a home.  Will I find it in this life time?  I'll never know until I find it.  But I will continue looking for it, until my last breath.

These are my journeys.