**Prints are available. Please leave a comment for more information.**

Monday, March 23, 2009

Sometimes Travel Isn't Necessary

Please forgive my lack of posting the past couple days.  But as the title suggests, sometimes you don't have to stray very far from your own back yard to find yourself in an exotic land.

And that is exactly what happened in Calgary for the past two days.  A snowstorm blew in and was causing all sorts of commotion with close to 30cm of snow dropped in about 8 hours.  It's amazing how drivers who have been living in a snowy wintery wonderland for years on end, can still forget how to drive after the snow disappearing for all of five days.  

It was quite a scene, sitting on my balcony and watching the craziness slide by.  And slide it did with the amount of people on the road who were a little too heavy on their brakes, as well as their petrol pedals!  Cars going backwards, sliding sideways, and of course a fair number were stuck.  Stuck in snowbanks, stuck after spinning their tires, it was quite a sight to behold!

And on days like that, it's nice to know that I can step outside my condo and see a sight so foreign (though it shouldn't be) that all I can do is laugh.

God bless the last snowstorm of the year.  (And hopefully the last one that I will have to live through here in Canada!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have never felt my feet firmly planted on the ground.  When I was a child, I would dream of far away places filled with jumping kangaroos and gladiators.  I took my first trip when I was 19, running away from my issues and neglecting to deal with skeletons in my closet.  

Since then I have returned to my first home, and have found that while it has a special place in my heart, it is no longer home.

So I roam the planet, looking for a place for me to plant my feet, and find a home.  Will I find it in this life time?  I'll never know until I find it.  But I will continue looking for it, until my last breath.

These are my journeys.