**Prints are available. Please leave a comment for more information.**

Sunday, March 29, 2009

On Days Like Today...

Once again the snow is falling outside and I am surrounded by the crazy white stuff.  The only saving grace is the fact that it's not actually cold outside as well.  But it does bring to mind the craziness that ensued when a girlfriend and I were still in Australia.

We had decided that in the wet and dreary winter, that is nothing compared to this I might add, that we were going to drive up to the mountains to get pictures of us with the snow.

Now these aren't Rocky Mountain type mountains, but they were more than our foothills, so we will continue calling them mountains for the time being.

I remember us driving up these crazy back roads, having no chains or supplies - kinda like we would have done in Canada - and finally getting to a point where we could go no further.  (Well without paying that is) So we pulled over to a pullout, and got the camera out.  But before we did, we put on our boardshorts, sandals and took off our jackets and posed!  The pictures were great and got a whole pile of respect from those back in Canada, but man was it still freaking cold!

Great pictures, and great memories.  Too bad this snow isn't like that snow.  Instead of having to live in it, we got back in the car and went back to civilization - which didn't have any snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have never felt my feet firmly planted on the ground.  When I was a child, I would dream of far away places filled with jumping kangaroos and gladiators.  I took my first trip when I was 19, running away from my issues and neglecting to deal with skeletons in my closet.  

Since then I have returned to my first home, and have found that while it has a special place in my heart, it is no longer home.

So I roam the planet, looking for a place for me to plant my feet, and find a home.  Will I find it in this life time?  I'll never know until I find it.  But I will continue looking for it, until my last breath.

These are my journeys.